I don't mean to brag. But I take a shower every morning.
This practice has great benefits, not just for me, but for those around me.
I have to confess, though, that sometimes I stand in there a few extra minutes in the morning to wash the cobwebs out of my brain -- past the point that is necessary to get clean.
Take a moment to feel the weight of this: Unsafe water and poor sanitation cause 80% of all diseases.
There are two easy and rewarding ways to combat this problem:
- Increase prosperity
- Charitible giving
Now you can do both at the same time.
This year, Drew McLellan and Gavin Heaton led the march to publish The Age of Conversation 3. It is full of the useful insights of over 100 authors (including yours truly) to help you do your part to increase prosperity.
However, neither we, the authors, nor Drew and Gavin, the coordinators and editors, make a dime off of it. All profits go straight to charity:water, which brings clean drinking water to developing nations.
Here's are all the ways you can help:
The step-by-step is as follows:
- Buy the Book and ask others buy the book. If you work in an agency or another business that gives books as gifts, get your company to purchase multiple copies and give them out as year end gifts. This is the #1 call to action, because this is where we want to see the most impact. NOTE: Please buy 1 copy at a time because Amazon counts bulk orders once, and please use these affiliate links, which will help us in tracking sales. Remember, all the proceeds from the book sales and referrals will go to charity water:
- Twitter Commentary - Join the AOC authors as we give a Bum Rush play-by-play on Twitter. We also ask that everyone saying anything about the Bum Rush to use the code #aoc3 so that it can be picked up by What The Hashtag.
- Trackback or Comment on the post that Gavin will leave here today, so that everyone can follow the conversation and help promote exposure on social sites (Digg, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, etc.)
- Digg the posts listed here and send emails and shouts to friends requesting Diggs.
- Stumble the posts listed and tell friends to do the same.
- Bookmark your posts on Del.icio.us
- Don’t forget Facebook – Make sure to become a Fan of AoC3 and to contribute to our wall
- Send an Old Fashioned email to your friends about the Bum Rush for AoC.
- Cam Beck